- 5/17—Temp: 59–82F, Precip: 0.00″
Planted remainder of front bed, all seeds:
- Rainbow Chard (Beta vulgaris var. vulgaris, High Mowing) (12 sq ft)
- Beets (Detroit Dark Red, Medium Top, Burpee) (4 sq ft)
- Corvair Spinach (Spinacia oleracea, High Mowing) (4 sq ft)
- Sweet Basil (Ocimum basilicum, High Mowing) (8 sq ft)
- Santo Cilantro (Coriandrum sativum, High Mowing) (2 sq ft)
- Mammoth Dill (Anethum graveolens, Livingston) (2 sq ft)
- Carrots (Danvers Half Long, Livingston) (4 sq ft)
- Lettuce (Black Seeded Simpson, Burpee) (4 sq ft)
Received 3 lacinato kale plants from D. Wood. Placed in north side of area sown yesterday, 8″ spacing.
Had help planting from L. Holt. Covered bed with floating row cover, dug in at edges. Malcolm helped set rock border around bed using rocks uncovered while digging beds.
Found more potential Japanese Barberry encroaching on shrub in SW corner of property (also in vicinity of crabapple).