- 5/29—Temp: 52–78F, Precip: 0.00″
Finished putting in the vegetable garden. Added soil amendments and inoculated the beans this morning, then planted this afternoon/evening.
- Beans (Phaseolus vulgaris (Midnight Black Turtle Soup), Johnny’s) (26 sq ft)
- Garlic (California Softneck, Garden State Bulb Co.) (7 sq ft)
- Okra (Clemson Spineless, Livingston) (10 sq ft)
- Onions (Stuttgarter Riesen, Netherland Bulb Company) (7 sq ft)
- Watermelon (Citrullus lanatus (Black Diamond), Livingston) (12 sq ft)
- Wildflowers (Beneficial Insect Attractant Mix, Johnny’s) (8 sq ft)
- Zucchini (Cucurbita pepo (Dark Green Zucchini), High Mowing) (10 sq ft)
Watered front bed. Kale growing like mad. Chard, lettuce, some carrot, and herb (cilantro?) sprouts have appeared.
Geraniums looking even worse, but seem to have green new-growth leaves. Rhododendrons have started to bloom.